Anthem Asia, an independent investment and advisory group building sustainable businesses in Myanmar, seeks an EXPERIENCED ANALYST(S) to be based in Yangon. The successful candidate(s) will contribute to the success of the group’s investment portfolio. She/he will be involved in the Anthem Asia Myanmar SME Venture Fund, the first of a series of Anthem Asia funds to provide growth and expansion capital to Myanmar-based firms keen to establish themselves as market leaders. This position requires someone with energy, commitment and a willingness to handle the professional and personal challenges of being part of a small team in a challenging environment.
- Researching and analyzing individual businesses and sectors;
- Monitoring and analyzing macro- issues including legal, economic and political risks;
- Creating financial models;
- Creating presentations and reports for investors and business audiences;
- Working on due diligence processes;
- Working on environmental, social and governance processes;
- Assisting with negotiations and documentation;
- Preparing proposals for investment approvals;
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance of investee firms; and
- Attending and getting results from networking events.
Your Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 2+ years of solid work experience as an analyst or equivalent in an investment/fund investment, accounting, finance, operations or commercial environment;
- Overseas work or educational experience (desirable but not essential);
- Excellent English and Myanmar language skills;
- A good educational background with at least a bachelor’s degree;
- The judgement to test assumptions rather than relying on the numbers in a financial model;
- The ability to work independently and to meet deadlines;
- Willingness to go the extra mile; and
- Common sense.
- Competitive remuneration.
- Exposure to wide aspects of PE investment that come from being with a smaller firm.
Our preference is for a locally-based Myanmar citizen(s).
We encourage qualified women to apply.
We welcome applications for internships from exceptional post-and undergraduate students as well as smart high-school graduates of any nationality. Send your CV and a cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org